Perfect for when you want a little (okay a lotta) chocolate pick me up.
- 200 g butter or margarine (I always tend to use marg as it is easier to mix)
- 100g Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Orange Straws
- 200 g caster sugar
- 250 g self raising flour
- 2 tsp orange essence flavouring
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
For the topping I used Cake Angels Mirror Glaze and Dr Oetker chocolate stars
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees C.
- Grease your bundt tin- I like to use an oil spray to get into all the cracks, and then add a little flour. This will help the cake come out when cooked.
- Break up the chocolate straws and place them in a bowl in the microwave with the butter until melted- to be sure not to burn the chocolate, do this in short bursts.
- Add the butter and chocolate mixture to the caster sugar, flour, flavouring and cocoa powder until incorporated and then add the eggs, folding until it is all mixed together and dark brown in color.
- Add the cake to the tin and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin and then turn out. Heat the Cake Angles Mirror Glaze and pour over the top allowing it to drip down the sides. Then decorate with chocolate stars.