Yep, you read that right, this cake has only two ingredients. Eggs, and chocolate. And it actually works surprisingly well. Perfect if you’ve got a craving for cake or have last minute dinner guests and nothing to make for dessert. It’s also gluten free.
- 200g milk chocolate (I used dark chocolate the first time I made this and it tasted very bitter, so I’d recommend using a milk chocolate)
- 4 eggs (separated)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C and line a cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Separate your eggs into yolks and white. Set the yolks to one side and whisk the egg whites into peaks.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, heating it in 30 second intervals to ensure it doesn’t burn. The add the yolks to the chocolate stiring constantly.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites until it is all incorporated and no white is left.
- Add the mixture to the cake tin and cook in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. The top should have risen and be starting to crack slightly.
- Leave to cool in the tin, and then serve with icing sugar on top.