Pizza is always my go to take-away and when I’m feeling lazy I love nothing more than tucking into a massive goey margarita. But ordering one in can be super expensive, so I started experimenting with making my own. I always thought the dough took ages to make and I would never get it to taste as good as one I could order in.
So, I set out to come up with an easy, cheap recipe that I can make in a matter of minutes, and succeeded! Let me know what you think.
- 300 g strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Tomato puree (for the base)
- 1 ball of mozzarella ( for the toppings)
- additional toppings if you wish
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees c.
- Measure the flour in a large bowl, stir in the yeast and then add the salt. Use the dough mixer if you are using an electric mixer and gradually add the olive oil and water. If you aren’t using an electric mixer then use a bowl and wooden spoon. Mix until you have a soft, reasonably wet dough. If using the electric mixer leave the machine to knead the dough for a couple of minutes. If you are doing it by hand, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for around 5 minutes.
- Spray a little oil on your baking trays and stretch the dough into shape. Make sure you make the dough reasonably thin or else it will taste more like bread than a pizza.
- Cover with a generous helping of tomato puree and arrange the mozzarella and any extra toppings.
- Cook in the oven for around 10 mins and serve.