Do I really need to say anything about this cake? All your favourite things in one- of course it tastes delicious.
- 125 g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125 g self raising flour
For the filling
- 6-8 tbsp strawberry jam
For the frosting
- 125 g softened butter
- 330 g icing sugar
- 6 tbsp prosecco
- 2 x packets of white chocolate fingers (a bit of a nightmare to track down out of season- try poundshops)
- 1 x punnet of strawberries
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line and grease two cake tins
- Cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is well combined. Then add your eggs and mix well. Finally add the flour.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two tins and cook for 20-25 minute.
- Leave in the tins until completely cool.
- Meanwhile make the frosting. Cream the butter to make it soft and then add the icing sugar. Then add the prosecco and whisk together.
- Take the cooled cakes and slice in half so you have four thin cakes. Then place the jam in between each slice to assemble on top of one another.
- Smother the cake in the frosting making sure it is equally spread, and then decorate with the white chocolate fingers and strawberries.