I have a habit of getting home from work, having a stroke of genius, throwing ingredients I think will work that are left in the cupboard into a pan and hoping for the best. Last night I seemed to hit the jackpot and came up with a gloriously creamy (but cream free!) chicken dish that required minimal effort and tasted yummy.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- half a chopped white onion
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 chopped pepper
- half a jar of sundried tomatoes
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees c.
- Lightly oil a wok or deep sided frying pan and brown the chicken breasts, then pop on a plate and put to one side. Don’t worry if they are not completely cooked through, you will be popping them in the oven later.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, pepper and sundried tomatoes and cook on a light heat for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the flour and mix thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps. The flour will make the sauce a little thicker, if you think it needs to be a bit thicker then simply add a little more flour.
- Put the mixture into a casserole dish, cover, and cook in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes.
Serve with basmati rice.