With Rio 2016 set to be the hot topic on everyone’s lips this summer, I was delighted when I was sent the recipe for You Tube sensation, the Food Busker’s Brazilian BBQ King Prawns. Marinated in Hellmann’s Brazilian Spicy Churrasco Sauce, with a mouth-watering mix of coconut, chilli and peanut butter, these skewers are sure to impress your guests.
- 8 tbsp Hellmann’s Brazilian Spicy Churrasco Sauce
- Juice from 1 lime, plus extra limes wedges for serving
- 1 tbsp creamed coconut, grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped with seeds,
- plus extra for serving
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 12 raw king prawns, shell off and tail left on
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- In a large bowl (not a metal one) mix 5 tbsp of Hellmann’s Brazilian Spicy Churrasco Sauce with the lime juice, creamed coconut, chilli and garlic.
- Add the king prawns and stir them in gently until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for approximately 20 – 40 minutes.
- Skewer the prawns and cook on the barbeque for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally until they turn pink. Cook the extra lime wedges alongside them.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tbsp of Hellmann’s Brazilian Spicy Churrasco Sauce with the peanut butter to form a smooth paste. Garnish with chopped coriander and diced chilli.
- Serve the prawns alongside the peanut churrasco dip and lime wedges.