If you’ve read some of my other posts you’ll know by now that I love Monty Bojangles chocolates, not just to eat, but also in my cooking.
I love this recipe by Mark Sargaent- I’ve swapped the Choccy Scoffy flavour truffles for the Orange Angelical to give the brownies a bit of a different flavour (plus I’m a bit crazy for chocolate and orange combos!)
- 200g Monty Bojangles Orange Angelical Truffles
- 250g unsalted butter
- 145g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 360g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl over simmering water, melt the butter and the chocolate and mix until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar, then add this to the chocolate mixture. Stir together well then beat the eggs and mix to a silky consistency.
4. Pour the brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 to 35 minutes.
5. The brownies should be crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.