I know I posted a couple of weeks ago about a chocolate and orange cake, but wanted to do another take on the recipe using marmalade too.
- 300g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 300g self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- zest of 2 oranges
- juice of one orange
- 1 jar of marmalade
- 1 large bar of dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C
- Place all the ingredients in a food mixer and blend together until all combined.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of flour around the bundt tin to ensure the mixture doesn’t get stuck
- Place half your mixture into the tin and then add some marmalade in the centre. Then add the remaining mixture on the top
- Cook in the centre of the oven for around 45 minutes and leave to cool fully in the tin (I made the mistake of emptying mine out too early as I was in a rush and the top fell off! If this happens to you, the cake looks and tastes just as good, just pour chocolate on the top to cover it up!)
- Remove from the tin and pour melted chocolate over the top of the cake- allow to harden and serve