Like many people, I’m not a fan of Christmas puddings. I interned at Delicious magazine last year whilst they were putting their Christmas issue together, and taste testing 20 odd of the things was enough to put me off for life.
This really simple recipe means you can get the festive look of an xmas pud without having to eat the real deal.
- 50g butter
- 350g milk chocolate
- 200g rice crispies
- 100g white chocolate
- Edible holly decorations
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan being careful not to burn it. I recommend using high quality chocolate for the best results. In my video I used basics chocolate which didn’t hold very well.
- Add the rice crispies slowly. You don’t have to use full amount, that’s just an estimate. Keep adding a stirring until they are covered in chocolate.
- Roll the mixture in your hands and place the balls on a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper. Allow to cool for around 5 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate and, using a piping bag, add it to the top of the balls. Quickly place the holly decoration on the top.
- Allow the mini puds to set for a further 5 minutes before serving.