Ok, so for the past week I know I’ve spent a lot of time raving about Monty Bojangles truffles… but that’s because they are amazing, not only to eat, but to use in cooking too.
On Saturday I made these delectable chocolate mousses using Monty Bojangles orange angelical cocoa dusted truffles which gave the deserts an extra dimension of chocolatieness (I don’t care that that’s not even a word!)
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 50g caster sugar
- 150ml double cream
- zest of one orange (for dusting)
- 150g Monty Bojangles orange angelical cocoa dusted truffles (roughly chopped)
- Place the Monty Bojangles Truffles in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Melt over a low heat and add a pinch of salt. Remove from the heat and put to one side.
- Place the egg yolks in a large bowl and add the caster sugar. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peak stage.
- In a third bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add this whipped cream to the yolk mixture and whisk again.
- Now add the melted Monty Bojangles Truffles and stir. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture as gently as you can. Don’t beat it or you will take all the air out.
- Use a small spoon to drop the mousse into the shot glasses and chill for two hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with a little orange zest before serving.