The clocks have gone back, the temperature is dropping and most of the leaves have fallen off the trees. Winter is well and truly here. So, what better way to warm up than with a steaming hot cup of hot chocolate. I’m a sucker for throwing money at Starbucks between the months of November and February, but I’ve since been converted when I stumbled upon this recipe from truffle connoisseurs Monty Bojangles.
The truffles come in a variety of flavours, and I was lucky enough to be sent a few packets to try. This recipe was made using their cocoa dusted truffles which are just a chocolate flavour, but they have a range of quirky flavours which you can find here.
- 1l milk (I find it easier to pour the milk first into the mug you will be using to measure out so you don’t waste)
- 100g Monty Bojangles cocoa dusted truffles- chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream to serve (optional)
1. Gently heat the milk until very nearly boiling. Add the Monty Bojangles truffles and stir until dissolved.
2. Add the cocoa powder, caster sugar and ground cinnamon and stir until everything is fully incorporated.
3. Pour into the mugs and top with whipped cream (if you like) and serve immediately.