These puddings taste exactly the same as ones that have been steamed, and look just as good too, all whilst taking a fraction of the time- perfect for last minute dinner desert.
Makes four puddings.
- 100g self raising flour
- 100g butter/ margarine (plus extra for greasing)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
1. Put all your ingredients in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer for around three minutes until everything is fully incorporated.
2. Grease four ramekins and put a spoonful of golden syrup in the bottom of each- if the syrup won’t come off your spoon try putting the spoon in boiling water first to warm it up.
3. Top with the sponge mixture and level out before putting cling film on the top of the dishes, placing on a plate and popping in the microwave on full power for eight minutes.
4. The puddings should now be a light yellow colour. Take a knife and cut around the edge to loosen up the pudding before turning it out on to a plate and serving. Be careful when you do this as the ramekins and the plate will be extremely hot.