If you’re stuck for ideas this Valentine’s Day then the following recipe might just be perfect. You can make the bases in advance and decorate with your loved one or serve as a special surprise… and if you’ve not got yourself a valentine, decorating these would make a perfect night in with the girls.
– 130g plain flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 7g packet of fast action dried yeast
– 85 ml water
For the toppings:
-Jar of pizza topping or tomato puree
– Toppings of your choice
- Mix together the flour, salt and yeast and gradually add the water, stirring until well incorporated.
- Then mix the dough gently with your hands to bring it together and form into a ball. Transfer to a large, greased, bowl and cover with cling film. Place the bowl in a warm place and let the dough rise until it has almost doubled in size (best to leave overnight or whilst you’re out in the day.)
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and shape into a rough rectangle. Divide into two equal portions and working with one portion at a time knead for a few minutes. Set a side on a floured backing sheet and let it rest covered with a tea towel for around an hour.
- Now it’s time for the toppings- if you’re going to be doing this with your valentine then keep your bases in the fridge covered with cling film until you are ready.
- Preheat your oven to 220C and with one dough ball at a time, gently shape into a heart shape by gently stretching the two top ends of the dough.
- Arrange the dough on a baking sheet and top with your desired toppings before baking the pizza until the bottom of the crust is crisp and the top is blistered- around 10-12 minutes.