This recipe makes a great snack or canapé perfect for Christmas and New Year and is really easy to make. It takes only eight minutes to cook, tastes lovely and no one will ever guess that it contains only three ingredients.
For a variation on the recipe which is slightly more Christmasy swap the mango chutney for cranberry jelly.
Makes 12 parcels
– 50g mango chutney
– 200g packet of filo pastry
– 200g Brie cheese (diced)
-25g melted butter
1. Using pre packed filo pastry, take out of the packet and cut around 8 cm squares. You will need around 36 squares to make 12 parcels.
2. Place the diced brie and mango chutney in a bowl and mix well.
3. For each parcel take three squares of the pastry and arrange on top of each other at an angle to create a star shape.
4. Place 1 tbsp. of the cheese and mango mix in the centre of the pastry and then draw the edges up to form a parcel before brushing with the melted butter.
5. Then place on a greased baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for around 8 minutes or until golden brown.