Great for using over ripe fruit, this simple twist on the traditional banana bread is amazing as a sweet treat or tasty dessert. The added honey and white choc chips give this bread an added sweetness and moist texture.
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 285g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 85 ml milk
- 200g white chocolate (cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
2. In a bowl mash the bananas using a fork and set to one side.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and then add the eggs, mashed bananas and milk and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl weigh out the flour and fold in the creamy mixture. When it is all fully incorporated add the honey and white chocolate chunks and mix.
5. Grease and line a bread loaf tin and pour the cake mixture in.
6. Cook in the centre of the oven for around one hour and ten minutes or until golden brown. Don’t worry if the mixture is not entirely cooked through, as the cake will continue to cook when out of the oven.
7. Allow to cool in the tin before turning out.